Sunday, April 18, 2010

Еpilepsy information .

Epilepsy is a neurological condition that affects the nervous system. There are many different types of epilepsy. Each epileptic syndrome is characterized by a specific set of symptoms. Epilepsy is known to be hereditary in some cases. Epilepsy is classified by symptoms or by the position in the brain where the symptoms originate. Some common types of epilepsy are absence epilepsy, psychomotor epilepsy, temporal lobe epilepsy, frontal lobe epilepsy, occipital lobe epilepsy and parietal lobe epilepsy. There are many other types of epilepsy, each with its own characteristic set of symptoms.

People suffering from absence epilepsy have repeated absence seizures that result in momentary lapses of consciousness. These seizures almost always begin in childhood or adolescence. This form of epilepsy tends to run in families, which suggests that it may be partially due to a defective gene or genes.

Psychomotor epilepsy is another term for recurrent partial seizures, especially seizures of the temporal lobe. The term psychomotor refers to the strange sensations, emotions and behavior seen with these seizures.

Temporal lobe epilepsy, or TLE, is a common epilepsy syndrome with partial seizures. TLE often begins in childhood. Research has shown that repeated TLE could cause certain brain structures to shrink over time. While it may take years of temporal lobe seizures for any significant brain damage to occur, it needs to be treated early and as effectively as possible.

Frontal lobe epilepsy usually involves a cluster of short seizures with a sudden onset and termination. The symptoms depend on where in the frontal lobe the seizures occur. Many subtypes of frontal lobe seizures are known.

Occipital lobe epilepsy usually causes visual hallucinations, rapid eye blinking or other eye-related problems. The other symptoms resemble those in the case of temporal or frontal lobe epilepsy.

Several types of epilepsy begin in infancy. The most common type of epilepsy seen in infants is infantile spasms. Some Infants suffer from seizures from as early as 6 months. During these seizures the infant may bend and cry out. Anticonvulsant drugs often do not work for infantile spasms, but the seizures can be treated with ACTH (adrenocorticotropic hormone) or prednisone.

People should discuss the implications of their type of epilepsy with their doctors to understand the full range of symptoms, possible treatments and the prognosis.

2 comments:

  1. SARAH MORGANc
    Blogger SARAH MORGAN said...
    WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT EVER HAPPEN TO MY LIFE. My name is sarah, i was sick of cancer for past two years. my mum and my sister have taken me to all kind of hospital and different places still yet no good result. my sister decided to go through the internet and search for cancer cure she find a lady called HUGHES LAURIE testimonies, to the world about the goodness Dr Akhigbe herbal medicine cure.
    The man who know the herbal root to cure all kind of disease in all area the herbal man email is drrealakhigbe@gmail.com So we decided to contact the herbal man for my cancer to cure. My sister contacted him and told him
    my problem he replied my sister that I should not worry that my cancer will be
    cure, he also said that there is a herbal medicine that he is going to prepare for me to drink for three weeks to make me heal, that we are to only pay for the delivery services.. The courier service can transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my mum paid for the delivery services fee. four days later I received the herbal medicine from the courier services so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the three weeks complete i was healed completely and it was like a dream to me my mum and my sister we were very happy about the miracle of Dr Akhigbe. my mum wanted to pay him money the herbal man did not accept the offer from my mum, but , he only said that I should tell the world about the work of his herbal medicine so am now here telling the world now .He call his nick name as the godfather of herbalism, he also cures diseases like: HIV/AIDS,HERPES,CANCER,ALS,EPILEPSY, HEPATITIS A AND B,DIABETES. If you or your relative having any kind of diseases and you cant get cure from the hospital please email; drrealakhigbe@gmail.com or whatapp him on +2348142454860 he own the cure and will cure you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natural herbs can cure epilepsy, I had epilepsy for over 14 years, i have spent a lot money getting drugs from the hospital to keep me healthy, I went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, One day I was in the office going through the internet when I saw a post about Dr Itua herbal medicine on how he cure a Lady from Kansas who was suffering from HIV and she listed Epilepsy as list of illness Dr Itua can as well cured I contacted him with epilepsy Cure solution, I email him. He told me the things I need to do and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after two weeks To my greatest surprise after patiently going according to instruction given to me by Dr Itua, my epilepsy was cure, I want to say a big thanks to Dr Itua who God have sent to heal his people with his natural medicine I pray that God will bless you for the good work you are doing.for all who are still suffering from this illness, you can also contact him through his email on :;;drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whatsapp Number...+248149277976 like they say his herbal remedy is the only permanent solution to Seizure. He Can as well cure the following... Herpes Virus, HIV/Aids, Hepatitis A/B, Shingles, Cold Sore, Epilepsy, Wart, Lupus, Diabetes, Men/Woman Infertility, Seizure, Cancer all types.

    ReplyDelete